Tuesday, October 2, 2007

More Rain

The only reason that it even matters is that I moved flats in the cold rain. Drag. But I got a half day off of work to do it and so that's nice. The new place is someone's actual apartment that they rent out and so I'm overwhelmed with quaint Britishness. Everything is quirky and I have to figure out how to turn on the teeny tiny shower hot-water heater and there's some button that brings the water up to the showerhead in 55 second intervals. There are dangerous looking plugs/switches everywhere with little signs that warn me not to leave them on when not in use!!! There's a scary plug/switch in the family room for the electric towel rack in the bathroom. There's a door key that is one of those old-fashioned keys (skeleton keys?) And in the middle of all of this: encrypted wireless internet. I will take photos tomorrow. Am very full after my dinner with Mark who send his hellos to those of you who he knows (Linda, mom and dad, Dave, Bev). Goodnight and love, Christy

4 comments:

Sabs said...

My coworker got a kick out of the "in the middle of all this: encrypted wireless internet". He's obsessing over it b/c he's supposed to go to Romania, and I'm going to go ahead and say they don't have it. They don't even have a Marriott. Not even a Holiday Inn...

Anonymous said...

Hey I used to have one of those skeleton keys for my flat in London too! They are HUGE, the only good thing was it was hard to lose on my drunk late night walks home from the pub!! :) Miss ya girl!

Anonymous said...

Um, Mark knows me. I used to be his favorite. sniff.

Anonymous said...

Trish, of course. He asked how you're doing!