Saturday, July 25, 2009

Reindeer

So we're going to a big lake near the Siberian border today to see the reindeer herders. Mongolia is fabulous and we really like the people with whom we're traveling. There's a little too much meat to eat but today we found a box of cereal (in town) and so that's thrilling. The landscape is just so unbelievable and there are simply no people. If Nepalis could handle snow then they'd probably fill this place up in a few decades or so. So if you like camping, beautiful landscapes, vodka, meat, friendly people and internet cafes that charge $.50 an hour, this is your place. xoc

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the UP.

Beverly said...

So good to hear how you guys are doing. I wish I was there for lots of reason but mostly because I then would not be here;) Glad to hear you are safe and having loads of fun. Keep your posts coming....