Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back in the big city

So we made it back to Ulaanbaatar and are going to hang out for a few days. Originally we had planned to take the train down to the Gobi desert in a whirl-wind trip but I have a bit of a stomach bug and truth be told, we're really tired and could use some down time. The China travel coming up will be really busy and so we're relaxing a bit under the supervision of our fabulous tour guide Meg (who has this blog address and so I will only mention how smart, pretty, and fantastic she is). She's also a Facebook friend if you want to see her. We loved going to visit a couple of lakes and having the two other travellers made it much more fun. Agi the driver is a big favorite of ours and when we find an internet cafe that will let us upload pictures, I'll post a few of the group. A former teacher friend of Janice's from Kathmandu (we pronounce her name Meow but I suspect that it's probably something totally different) lives in Beijing and is awaiting our arrival. Also a friend from Ann Arbor lives near Tibet and we're staying with her for a few days and so things really are lucky for us. xoc

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey... you doing the prophylactic pepto? - nothing better than chewing a couple of pinkies before a meal!