Thursday, March 20, 2008
Water balloons
So Friday is the holiday of Holi, which I must look up, which somehow involves throwing a lot of water balloons at girls. When I say water balloons I mean plastic bags filled with water. And even more fun than throwing "balloons" at Nepali girls is throwing them at Americans. So the holiday has bled over and all week there have been "balloons" falling from buildings on our walks to and from work. Even though it's a little annoying one has to try and find the humor or go crazy. I walk to and from work with my eyes on the sky, listening to the little boy laughter floating around and trying to figure out my strategy. Even now at 8:30 AM I can hear boys laughing as they throw balloons from the top of a building at women on scooters driving past. We're told to just stay in tomorrow. Alright, more later! xoc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are you able to throw water balloons too? Do boys get hit with them or just the girls?? I think that would be one fun holiday if adults can take part! :) hehehe
Hoppy Easter!
In Rajasthan, Holi also involved lots of groping of Canadian women. Hope you get by without much of that.
That is the funniest thing I've heard all year. What kind of bags? Like ziplocks, or bigger plastic grocery bags? :)
Post a Comment