So this is a sample email from my new best, best, best friend Raj the tour guide who we had met a few days prior and I had asked if he could lead a hike:
"Dear Christy..??? Thankyou so much for ur thoughts..??Well ofcource you can make an wounderful hike...???For the hikking I would suggest you an very old Village know asBungmati and Khokana..also you could see an Chobar..Chobar means the south Part of kathmandu valley..Where Manjushree cut the big rock and drained away the waterand make the people estibalished in kathmandu valley... Well it will take you about 5 hours...to make an hikking all arround..?? So please you can decide the best..?? As you are the driver of ur life you can do whatever you like..?? Ok all the best..everything good for you..?? ur truely..raj...."
Of course now we all often say "As you are the driver of ur life you can do whatever you like?" Not a bad philosophy, I guess. Otherwise it's getting warm and becoming necessary to think about the summer wardrobe. I'm told we have 3 weeks and counting until hot weather. Also, when the monsoon comes in May apparently the rains aren't very bad since we're at 4,000 feet like Denver, but the whole food chain becomes questionable because it's grown down in the flatlands where the rains are fierce. That combined with the fact that only 46% of people in Nepal have access to toilet facilities means E Coli for all. Our cook magical Kumar soaks all produce in bleach as it is but he told us that greens and such are off the menu for the summer. Besides that it's lovely that there are frogs singing in the pond next door to our apartment building. xoc
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If greens and meat are off the menu what in the hell are you going to eat!?
Need anything from the states? No, I am not sending you kotex!
Mick
I think we eat cereal. And rice. Thanks for the offer...we'll let you know when supplies get low!
xoc
Post a Comment